Careers | Mission Dolores Academy
Mission Dolores Academy is currently seeking dedicated and innovative educators for the following positions. If you are interested in joining us in our mission to provide a solid and rigorous education to our unique student community please consider applying.
Elementary- Lead Teacher
Mission Dolores Academy is a K through Eight independent Catholic school interviewing for elementary school teachers. MDA serves families from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds, reflecting the diversity of our Mission District neighborhood, the city of San Francisco, and the greater Bay Area. Teachers at MDA are purpose-driven; it is our mission to provide a rigorous, high-quality education to urban children, supporting them in their academic, personal, and spiritual development. MDA is a Blended Learning school, utilizing an innovative online curriculum in a rotational model within the classroom where students split their time between teacher-guided and online instruction.
It is expected that the teacher will:
- Design and implement rigorous and engaging lessons created to meet strict instructional requirements based on Common Core Standards
- Incorporate small group instruction in the curriculum through the use of Blended Learning model
- Utilize data from online curriculum to assess student learning and guide curricular planning
- Maintain online grading portal, regularly generating both progress reports and quarterly report cards
- Foster positive relationships with families, recognizing that parents and guardians are the primary educators of their children
- Collaborate with colleagues, coworkers, and administration with positive, constructive communication
- Contribute to school culture through participation in school-wide social, cultural, and religious events outside of the regular school day, including weekly Professional Development meetings
- Valid California Clear teaching credential, or equivalent
- Experience working with children at the elementary level
- Experience in STEM
Health and retirement benefits available. Salary commensurate with experience and skill set.
This is a full-time, exempt position.